~/naes/blog

Friday, July 21, 2006

Edgy Eft Knot 1

The development downloads of Ubuntu Edgy Eft is available from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/. Each progressive development issue will be known as a "Knot", which is the position assumed by newt's during copulation. There is also a discussion forum for Edgy Eft development which can be found here.

I downloaded Knot 1 image ealier today and burnt it to CD. Been a development distro I initially tried to install as a virtual machine using VMServer, but the initial burn had errors due to a dodgy disc and hence wouldn't install. Having re-burnt the CD I installed it again via VMServer, here is a screenshot of it booting. I wasn't able to perform a docked install in VMServer, so I decided to install it on a spare 10 gig hard drive partition. This method proved more successful, except that it hasn't detected my ethernet card, which a few other people on the forum have discovered. I'm hoping to resolve this next week after getting some tips from the Ubuntu developers attending the LugRadio Live event this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home